Avoid The Top 5 Mistakes RVers Make
In this RV how-to video, Mark Polk offers his advice on how to avoid common RV owner mistakes.
Owning an RV comes with it’s share of challenges. Luckily our RV expert, Mark Polk is here to help you avoid five of the most common mistakes made by RVers. Check out this video for a little more peice of mind before heading to your favorite KOA.
Top Tips From this Video
- Don’t leave your steps out or your antenna up when traveling
- Follow a checklist and make a final walk around before moving the RV
- Make sure to know the height of your RV for hard clearance
- Use an RV spotter when backing up your rig
- Establish hand signals you both understand
- Be sure to properly match your tow vehicle to your trailer and consider loaded weight
- Don’t forget to properly maintain your battery
- Use your disconnect switches
- Check water levels in lead acid batteries
- Test and recharge batteries in a timely manner
For convenience on the road or in the driveway before you go, we’re also offering this downloadable, printable tip sheet that you can have in-hand for easy reference.
About the Expert
KOA’s resident RV expert, Mark Polk, and his wife Dawn started RV Education 101 in 1999. Since that time RV Education 101 has helped educate millions of RV owners and RV enthusiasts on how to properly and safely use and maintain their RV. Mark’s favorite past times are RVing in their 35-foot Type A motorhome, and restoring vintage RVs, classic cars and trucks. For more information on using, enjoying and maintaining your RV visit RV Education 101.