December 4, 2017
These holiday treats are ready to hit the road and spread some Christmas cheer.
Share your love of RVing with our take on classic sugar cookies. Perfect to give as a gift or decorate your tree!
- 1 batch sugar cookie dough
- 1 recipe Royal Icing
- Gel or liquid food coloring
- Mini chocolate candies, sprinkles, silver dragées, etc.
- Pastry bags or zip-top bags with small corner cut out
- 2 Tbsp meringue powder (available in grocery or craft store baking section)
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat meringue powder and water until frothy. Slowly add powdered sugar. Add vanilla and beat until smooth and glossy, about 2 minutes. Slowly add more water if frosting is too thick – go slow because it’s easier to thin it than it is to make it thick again. Separate into several bowls and add food coloring.
- To decorate: Roll out, cut and bake cookies. Cool.
- Prepare royal icing. Use a pastry bag or zip top bag with the corner cut out to pipe a border around cookie. Generously pipe icing within the border and use a toothpick to spread or “flood” frosting so it’s fully coated within the border.
- Let dry and pipe different colors for the door, wheels, lights, windows, wreaths, etc. Accent with chocolate candies and sprinkles. Happy camping!
Makes about two dozen cookies. Icing recipe is easily doubled for a larger batch. Get the cutter we used here.