Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
October 2, 2017
Featuring the flavors of fall, this delightfully sweet bread is a seasonal hit!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips, reserve a few for sprinkling on top before baking
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk or nut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, soda, salt and spice. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add ½ of flour mixture, then add pumpkin, followed by remaining flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes, until center of loaf springs back.
- To make glaze: whisk together powdered sugar and spices and slowly add milk until glaze is thin enough to drizzle. Cool bread for 15 minutes then depan and drizzle with glaze.
*If preferred, instead of pumpkin pie spice, use 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. ginger and ¼ tsp. cloves.
Make one loaf