May 23, 2017
Add a little spice to your campfire burger with chorizo.
- 1lb ground chuck
- 1lb chorizo, removed from casing
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup chipotle mayo (see below)
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 sweet and hot pickle chips
- 1/2 cup queso quesadilla, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chipotle in adobo (chopped), plus 1 tsp adobo sauce
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees. Mix ground chuck and chorizo together and form four 8-ounce patties.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Melt pepper jack cheese on patties and top with cooked bacon.
- Toast burger buns. For chipotle mayo, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Top each half of buns with 1-2 tablespoons of chipotle mayo, according to your preference. Top bottom bun with two tablespoons of quesadilla cheese and hot burger patty. Add pickles, tomato and cilantro.