The Mile High City has plenty to offer, from major sporting events to incredible recreational opportunities. When you’re feeling adventurous and it’s time to explore the rest of Colorado and the surrounding area, we have natural and manmade wonders you can reach in one tank of gas. Whether you’re packing dress shoes or hiking boots, fill up the car and get ready for an adventure!
KOAs along the way:
- Estes Park Rocky Mountain National Park – Breathtaking vistas around every corner, from picturesque valleys to majestic peaks.
- Fort Collins Anheuser-Busch Brewery – Take a complimentary tour of the brewery complete with samples in the hospitality room and a trip to the Clydesdale Hamlet.
- Fort Collins Fort Collins Museum and Discovery Science Center – Over 120 interactive exhibits to ignite the curiosity of the entire family!
- Cheyenne Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum – Experience pioneer spirit firsthand with exhibits and activities that celebrate the American West.
- Fort Collins The Chocolate Café – A chocoholic’s paradise, the chocolate café has a dessert to suit even the sweetest tooth.
- Estes Park DeLeo’s Park Theatre Café & Deli – Specializing in amazing sandwiches, this restaurant was named “Best of the Best in the US” for gourmet picnic food by The Food Network.
- Cheyenne 2 Doors Down – Enjoy a gourmet burger made to order from hand-cut beef, chicken breast, salmon filet or vegetarian patty.
KOAs along the way:
- Colorado Springs U.S. Olympic Visitor Center – All things Olympics can be found in this outstanding facility. You’ll find interactive kiosks, view athlete training facilities and take in great artwork.
- Canon City Royal Gorge Bride & Park – Take in the breathtaking views of the 3 million year old Royal Gorge while suspended on a bridge 956 feet above it.
- La Junta Koshare Indian Museum – Check out one of the largest collections of Native American artifacts in the world. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a Koshare dance performance.
- Pueblo Lake Pueblo State Park – One day won’t be enough to fully enjoy all the fishing and activities this lake has to offer.
- Limon Limon Heritage Museum & Railroad Park – Explore this free public museum complex featuring a depot, railroad park, and exhibit space.
- Fort Morgan Jackson Lake State Park – Known for the hunting around its banks, this state park is also one of Colorado’s finest outdoor recreation sites.
- Sterling Overland Trail Museum – Learn about gold miners and other pioneers of the West in this fascinating museum.
- Limon Ruby’s Diner – Come for the old diner atmosphere and stay for the great shakes and traditional American fare.
- Sterling Santiago’s – If you’re in the mood for Mexican food, be sure to stop off at this restaurant, which boasts the “hottest green chile in town.”
- Fort Morgan Cables Pub & Grill – Where home cooking and fine dining meet, this restaurant is considered a landmark in Fort Morgan.
- Central City Hidee Gold Mine – Tour the historical mine to learn more about local geology, history, and mining methods. They’ll even let you take a nugget home with you!
- Buena Vista River rafting – Take a nice, scenic, river float or an adventure-filled, thrill-a-minute whitewater ride on the Arkansas River.
- Glenwood Springs Glenwood Hot Springs Pool – Founded in 1888, this pool is the largest of its kind in the world (over two blocks long!)
- Steamboat Springs Steamboat Ski & Resort – A multitude of activities for both winter and summertime, there’s always something to keep you occupied at this resort.
- Buena Vista Eddyline Restaurant and Brewery – Using only 100% local grass-fed beef and offering specialty menu items, this brewery serves top-notch food to go along with their microbrews.
- Glenwood Springs Daily Bread Café & Bakery – The place to be if you want a great breakfast with plenty of menu options.
- Steamboat Springs Creekside Café & Grill – When it comes to Eggs Benedict, this is one tough restaurant to beat. Open for breakfast and lunch.