Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Bake
Equipment: 10” Dutch oven or a baking dish if using a conventional oven.
1 16 oz jar mild tomatillo salsa verde
1 cup sour cream
2-3 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
6 corn tortillas
8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Cilantro to garnish
1. If using a Dutch oven outdoors, prepare 26 hot charcoal briquettes. Inside preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the tomatillo salsa verde and the sour cream stirring well to mix. Spray the Dutch oven or baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Spoon the salsa verde mixture to cover the bottom of the cooking dish. Add three tortillas arranging to cover. Top with shredded chicken, more salsa verde mixture and 1/2 the shredded cheese.
4. Repeat another layer with tortillas, shredded chicken, the remaining salsa verde mixture and the rest of the shredded Monterey Jack.
5. Replace the lid of the Dutch oven or cover the baking dish with foil. Bake the Dutch oven outdoors with 12 briquettes on the bottom and 14 on top or bake inside at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Serve garnished with cilantro if desired. This recipe can also be prepared ahead of time in the baking dish and refrigerated up to one day.
Makes six servings.