4 Campgrounds Where You Can Celebrate Mardi Gras
Planning a camping trip during Mardi Gras this February? If so, we’ve rounded up a few KOA Campgrounds across the U.S.A. with fun activities just for you.
Secure your campsite reservations now to make sure you have a great spot for the party!
4 KOA Campgrounds Where You Can Celebrate Mardi Gras:
- LAFAYETTE KOA
- Cajun Style Mardi Gras – Experience the Old Mardi Gras like it was done years ago in the countryside. Courirs ride horseback from house to house dancing for ingredients to add to the big Gumbo cooking back in town. That night everyone gathers for a taste of that wonderful Gumbo and dance the night away. This event is fun for the whole family.
- Lafayette Mardi Gras – Held in February or March. Mardi Gras day is the Tuesday prior to Ash Wednesday. Parades and activities throughout the area kick off 2 weekends before Mardi Gras and run till Mardi Gras day. We even have one that passes directly in front of our park. All you need to do is carry your chair up to the park entrance and pick your spot along the road.
- NEW ORLEANS WEST KOA
- The closest KOA to the French Quarter! Book a campsite, throw on some beads, and drive into town for a tasty beignet at Cafe Du Monde.
- OKEECHOBEE KOA
- Mardi Gras Costume Dance – It’s FAT TUESDAY at Okeechobee KOA. Our campers love to party and we liven up the streets with our Mardi Gras Parade. Decorate your golf carts and bicycles and fall in line. In the evening join us to the music of Gary the Eventmaker for a fun filled time of dancing and costume contest. Let’s see who can dream up the wackiest costume this year. The party takes place on February 9, 2016 from 7-10pm.
- Leander NW / Austin KOA
- Hailed as Austin’s wildest party, CARNAVAL BRASILEIRO is the city’s annual Brazilian style Mardi Gras celebration. It has grown into a local institution attracting over 5000 partygoers from all over the US. The flamboyant sometimes risque, costumes, the driving Brazilian samba, and uninhibited, spirited atmosphere have earned CARNAVAL its reputation as on of the best and biggest festivities outside of Brazil.