Muffins and Cinnamon Rolls in Oranges
September 19, 2017
Make quick and easy breakfast items kids love using orange peels.
- 1 tube refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 box blueberry muffin mix and the ingredients specified on box (we prefer brands with real blueberries)
- Fresh navel oranges
- Prepare muffin mix according to the instructions.
- Cut oranges in half and use a spoon to scoop out the fruit from both sides. Reserve the fruit for juice or snacks.
- Fill one orange half with batter, top with the empty half and wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil. Place in hot coals. Turn once while baking and check for doneness after 7 minutes. Muffins usually take 7-15 minutes depending on heat of coals.
For Cinnamon Rolls
- Open one can of cinnamon rolls and set aside frosting.
- Cut the top 1/3 off of each orange and scoop out fruit from both sides. Reserve fruit for juice or snacks.
- Place a cinnamon roll in the bottom of the larger half of each orange and top with the smaller. Wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil and place in hot coals. Turn once while baking and check for doneness after 5 minutes. Rolls usually take 5-10 minutes depending on the heat of the coals.