Omelettes in a Bag
Make a tasty omelette right at your campsite, no muss – no fuss. Best of all, each camper can choose their own ingredients for a custom breakfast (or dinner) delight!
- Eggs (2-3 eggs per person)
- Cheese (favorite flavor, shredded)
- Green peppers
- Quart size freezer bags
- Break 2-3 eggs into a quart size Ziploc freezer bag
- Beat with a spoon until frothy
- Drop ham, green, peppers, cheese, etc. into baggie, work with hands until mixed
- Drop baggie (or several baggies) into a pot of boiling water
- Let cook for 5-10 minutes, remove with tongs
- Season with salt and pepper
*Note from KOA: Halfway through cooking, remove with tongs and break up the egg mixture to ensure the omelette cooks all the way through.