Their Dream Wedding at KOA
AMANDA + MIKE BURCH
We knew we wanted our families’ stories to play a major part of the day and I’m a big on symbolism, so everything had meaning.
- Our invites were the ASL sign for “I love you,” something we always sign to each other in my family.
- We picked the (St. Louis West/ Historic Route 66 KOA) campground because it’s where my brother and I grew up spending a lot of our time and it was our late grandfather’s pride and joy.
- I always knew I wanted to wear my mom’s dress, so I never even shopped for another. Luckily, it fit perfectly with almost no alterations, just some mending to the lace sleeves.
- Mike and I were both given lucky buckeyes by our grandparents when we were younger, so we knew we had to incorporate that. He was holding onto this the entire day.
- The penny in my shoe and the baby bonnet I tied around my bouquet were both from my great-grandmother, as gifts to my parents when I was born.
Photo Gallery from Mike and Amanda’s Special Day:
• Blog: Green Wedding Shoes